Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, orders may take longer than usual to ship. Thank you for your continued understanding and support.
Payments and delivery
- Prices of the goods and delivery costs are set out in Euro. The Chester Beatty Shop reserves the right to change its prices at any time. Irrespective of any change of prices, you will be charged the price which was specified for the goods when you ordered.
- If you have any special delivery requirements, or any further questions regarding the delivery information below, please contact us to discuss arrangements and any additional costs prior to placing your order.
- Our secure payment gateway accepts Visa and MasterCard.
- Please allow at least five working days for delivery within Ireland. Overseas deliveries may take longer.
- Orders will normally be sent by standard post.
- The postage and packaging costs are flat rates depending on the destination and weight of the order as below;
0 – 1.99kg over 2kg Ireland € 5.00 € 10.00 EEA countries € 16.00 € 40.00 Outside Europe* € 40.00 € 79.00
*Please note that we are not shipping orders to Great Britain at the moment.
- We may occasionally send your order by two or more deliveries. You will only pay one delivery charge. We will meet any additional delivery charges.
- Please retain the invoice sent to you via e-mail, as it will be required should you decide to return any product under our returns and refunds policy, set out below.
- Please note that when ordering from our site, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Customers, and not the Chester Beatty Shop, are responsible for the payment of any applicable customs duties or taxes in their own country.
Click & Collect (local collection)
- Click & Collect service is available from Monday 10 May 2021.
- Orders will be available for collection at the Chester Beatty Shop 48 hours after your purchase.
- Collection time shall be the same as the Museum opening hours.
- When collecting your order, please ensure you bring a valid photo ID along with a copy of your order.
- Orders not picked up within 30 days of purchase will be refunded. You may contact us at email@example.com to request a refund at any time, or to extend the amount of time you would like us to hold your purchase.
Returns and refunds
- NB: Please note that for hygienic reasons, we are unable to offer exchanges or refunds for earrings and face masks.
- Providing the order hasn’t been dispatched you can cancel your order by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Chester Beatty Shop will refund or re-credit you within 30 days of receiving notice of such cancellation for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- If you wish to cancel your order after the goods have been delivered to you, please contact the Chester Beatty Shop on 00 353 1 407 0753 or email@example.com within 7 days of delivery of the item(s) to you and advise us that you have goods to return.
- You must return the goods to the Chester Beatty Shop at your own cost, with the invoice and in unused and otherwise re-saleable condition. The goods must be adequately sealed in the original packaging and you must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged whilst in your possession or in transit.
- If you do not return the goods as required after exercising your right of cancellation, the Chester Beatty Shop may charge you for the direct costs of recovering the goods.
- We accept returns made within 14 working days provided that you notify us prior to returning the item quoting the invoice number.
- Postage and packaging costs are non-refundable, except in the event that the goods are faulty.
- You will be liable for all duties or levies payable at any foreign port as a result of delivery of goods outside of the Ireland. You shall not be entitled to cancel your order once it has been dispatched on the basis of unforeseen duties or levies.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).